Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, August 05, 2011

Birthday Treat and Marie's Adorable Sweater


This past week has been fun! I received yet another birthday gift, was inspired by an interesting project, and completed one of my projects - my latest pair of socks!

I continued the celebration of my birthday with a gift from my friend, Lynn. She found this bag on Etsy and thought it was perfect for me! It's covered with skulls and crossbones...including a felted one and a ceramic one. I don't know why, but I have this "thing" for skulls and crossbones. I love the Ed Hardy fabrics and have a sock project bag made from it, an i-Pod skin with pink skulls and crossbones, some tee shirts....and the list goes on. Of course, when Lynn saw this bag, she said she "had" to get it for me.










It's perfect for a project bag - big enough to hold a sweater or afghan "project-in-progress". Heaven knows I need several as I always have a number of projects "on the needles" at the same time. Having a bag for each project helps me keep all the needed yarn, patterns, and needles together and organized! (Plus...the more bags I have, the more projects I can have - either in progress or as "projects-in-waiting"!)

At Reston SnB this week, Marie had an absolutely adorable sweater that she'd knit up for her grand son. It's so cute! I just love how the cables became little baby owls! Marie said that the sweater took no time at all to knit up - I believe it was done in worsted weight yarn, so it practically knitted itself! (Not really, but I'm sure it felt that way.)


As for my personal projects, I FINALLY finished the Austermann socks! Wahoo! I love the deep colors...and the aloe and jojoba oil that's infused in the yarn should make them feel wonderful on my feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home