Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, August 17, 2009

Sundays are for Knitting!

Several of us got together at Panera in the early afternoon on Sunday to knit - it's been a while since we'd all gotten together, so this impromptu get-together was just what we needed. Unfortunately, I only had a couple of hours to knit as I was going to Wolf Trap to hear Bonnie Raitt. (The concert was fabulous! Taj Mahal played as well - gotta love those blues!)

Gretchen had a gorgeous shawl to show off! It's completed, but not yet blocked - it's the "Fountain Pen Shawl". I just love the pattern and have added it to my ever growing list of "must knits"! Gretchen, Lisa, and I all LOVE fountain pens.....and there's even an annual fountain pen expo that we can go go. (It was last weekend, so I missed it this year, but I'm definitely planning to get next year.)

I'm continuing to work on my "Merging Colors Adagio Shawl" by Candace Eisner Strick. It starts with deep purple-blue and transitions gracefully to a pink ruffle. It's a lovely pattern. I purchased the kit at Nature's Yarns. It comes in other colorways as well, so you can select one with your favorite color combination!

And now for some natural beauty....













I managed to get a couple of shots of the elusive fox as I was walking Sandy. This guy usually darts off to the woods long before I can get the camera out. Today, he seemed ready and willing to pose.











And I FINALLY caught a shot of a Swallowtail! These lovely creatures would always pose so beautifully when I didn't have my camera with me. Of course, whenever I DID have my camera, there was not a Swallowtail in site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home