Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy International Left-Hander's Day !

.
It's that time of year again....International Left-Hander's Day!

Today is the day to celebrate being a "leftie"....or if you're a "rightie", celebrate the day with one of your left handed friends. President Obama is a "leftie" too! Celebrate being a left hander - go for it! You're in good company!

Check out the list of famous lefties compiled on this site: Famous Left-Handers. (You'll be astounded at the number of recent Presidents that are "lefties"!!!!)

Usually, I make a lemon cake with lemon frosting to celebrate the day, but this year, I am not working in an office, so I have no one to share it with. No cake for me this year - I can't eat an entire cake all by myself! (Well....actually, I probably could, but it's not recommended - too much sugar!)

I'm going to go see "Bill Cosby" tonight at Wolf Trap to celebrate the day. How are you going to celebrate?

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger LenaL said…

    Oh dear, I had no idea that it was a particular day for left-handed! But why not, it's a day for everything else, so of course it should be! I'll tell the men in my life about it - both my husband, son and our daughters son are lefthanded! - and we will celebrate it next year, with a cake and everything :-)!

    Take good care of yourself!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Happy leftie day! I think it's a hoot that Kermit is left handed!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    You know what they say, "It isn't easy being green"....that goes for being a leftie as well! It's hard to be left handed in a right handed world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home