Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, November 14, 2014

Lots of Projects!


I've been knitting up a storm and have a good dent in my planned holiday knitting.   It seems like a bit of a rush, so I think that next year, I'll start a bit sooner....and take my time!

I loved the fingerless gloves I made last month so much, that I made 4 more pairs!

This first pair is made from Simply Shetland's Shetland wool yarn with a bit of cashmere.  Not the most soft or pleasant mitts, but they still look nice - mainly because the pattern is so awesome!   This color is not my favorite, but pairing it with this pattern definitely enhanced it  I've grown to love it.!


 The next pair is made from an Alpaca/Silk blend from Butterfly Hill.  These mitts are very light and airy, but they'll be very warm!





These were made from a dark blue Cascade yarn - perfect for wearing with jeans.  For some reason, the color appears more blue-purple than blue in the photos.






This pair is my favorite.  I love the drape of the 3 ply Alpaca...and it's so cuddly and warm!   I'm definitely making more of these!!!!




I just love this scarf - the colors are rather simple, but the glitz and glitter of the sequins really make this stand out.   I knit the edges (sides and bottom) in seed stitch and slipped the first stitch of every row for a nice edge.   The balance was done in a basketweave (5 stitches wide by 6 stitches tall).  This will most likely be a gift.....and it will be one that someone's husband won't "borrow and lose"!   LOL!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home