Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, October 27, 2014

Love the Fingerless Gloves!


For the "Treats with a Twist" swap, I made a pair of "Susie Roger's Reading Mitts".  I just love these mitts - they are very elegant and warm - especially when made from Alpaca.   It takes only about 140 yds. of yarn - in a DK weight.  



I will DEFINITELY be making more of these!  (Including a pair for myself!)  I think what I like the best is the picot edging on both the wrist and fingertip sides of the mitts.




I also did a lot of spinning this month.  I spun up 4 ounces of black Llama from Linda at Graustuck Farm.   I love the richness and drape of the Llama yarn.  



I still have another 4 ounces to spin up.   I haven't decided yet what this will "grow up to be", but whatever it is, I need to select a pattern that will complement the drape of this luscious yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home